Copies of the following documents are required:
- The first six pages of both passports.
- Birth certificates.
- Decree Absolute if either party is divorced.
- Proof of change of name, if applicable.
- Death certificate in case of widow/ widower.
- Letter of parental consent in the form of an affidavit, if either the bride or groom is under the age of 18.
- Mauritian doctor certificate of non-pregnancy if the bride-to-be has been divorced in the last ten months.
- Registration from the registrar of births, deaths and marriages.
These materials must be sent six prior to the wedding by mail and and then brought in the original.